Toby Digrugillier's Insights

Friday, March 28, 2008

Our Comforter - Toby Digrugilliers

Last week we learned the importance of God's Word. This week we shall explore the necessity of God's Holy Spirit in our lives. In the life of the Believer, the Holy Spirit is necessary!

In John 14 and verse 26 and 27 we read, "But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you." Then Jesus explains, "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you; not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."

My friend, we learn from Scripture that it is through the indwelling of God's Holy Spirit that we will learn what is pleasing to our most Holy God. The Holy Spirit is necessary in the life of the believer. Without Him we will lack His peace and Comfort and in this troubled world His presence in our lives is a must!

The Holy Spirit is the regenerating power for our spiritual birth (John 3:5-8); Seals us in Christ (Ephesians 4:30); Bears witness to the truth that we belong to God (Romans 8:16); and provides guidance by revealing the mind of God to us (I Cor. 2:9-16). A wonderful thing this is: To be sealed, comforted and secured through the Holy Spirit for the purposes of God in our lives. To be encouraged, filled and empowered is God's gift through His Holy Spirit. Walk in Him.

Next week we shall discover how vital prayer is in our lives. God Bless till then.

No comments: